Saturday 17 December 2011

Review: Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eye Pencil


These last few months I've been obsessing over finding an eye pencil or liner that actually stays on my waterline. I've tried a few high end brands from Urban Decay to NARS in the hope of finding one that works for me. I have watery eyes, and when I wear lenses it gets even worse. I bought the Bourjois 'contour clubbing waterproof ' pencil two months ago and it's fared better than any high end brand. 



The black one is a repurchase (proves how much I love it). The softness of this pencils can rival Urban Decays 24/7 eye liners. The Bourjois pencil is extremely pigmented and it glides on smoothly without tugging at the skin. The lasting power of these pencils is ah-mazing. These stay on for four to five hours before they start fading just a little. I don't mind the slight fading because I'm happy I don't get raccoon eyes. I've tried both these pencils with and without lenses. They work best with my glasses because, then my eyes aren't that watery. The only issues I have with this pencil is when I'm wearing lenses. After an hour or so it'll start spreading from my inner corner. That is the only place where I experience the spreading.

The softness of the pencil makes it easy for tight lining the upper water line. However the colour transfers to my lower waterline, which I find very annoying especially on the days when I just want to tight line my upper water line. 



My sister had the same problem as me, everything she tried gave her raccoon eyes. I suggested this to her and now her pencil lasts pretty much all day, without any hint of raccoon-ie-ness (note: she does not have to wear glasses/lenses). This is what I reach for to line my water line when I plan on wearing my glasses. Since I wasn't happy when I paired it with my lenses, I continued my search for perfection. Now Bobbi Brown gel eye liner is getting a test run. 


I highly recommend the Bourjois clubbing pencils for those who have problems with pencils/liners staying on the waterline. These come in a variety of colours and are cheaper compared to Maybelline and Rimmel pencils and are definitely worth a try.

Price: RS660

Available at Al-Noor Liberty. Pot Pourri, Al-Fatah. Hyperstar and Mall of Lahore

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is definitely on my wish list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this lovely product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver color is looking very beautiful. I always stop at Bourjois rack and love to explore their products. Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the same problem, racoon eyes everytime i line them, this sounds promising, i hope it's really worth the money! thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful swatches. Will def check the silver one out at the bourjois counter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice review, i think i should buy one, now!

    Anyway, I followed your blog, hope you can follow back, too!
    Thanks!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need these. I hate eyeliners that smudge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so pretty. Loved the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thats good to hear, i love lining my waterline with some color :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually went through your entire blog today and loved it <3 and since I wear contacts too, I'd suggest buying the kohl pencil by BOB, its some chinese/japanese brand and will cost you somewhere between 300-350 but trust me it does wonders! Its highly pigmented and lasts me an entire day without smudging. Worth trying :)

    ReplyDelete