Tuesday 4 December 2012

Review: Revlon Lip Butter In Strawberry Shortcake


The Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butters served as a launching pad for Wishlist.  They were a delight to stock up on, because they sold out so fast.We couldn't stock them fast enough! When so many of you were buying  Lip Butters from us, we were sitting there surrounded with countless Lip Butters and couldn't try any of them. Sad, right?

I just got my first one a couple of weeks ago. I didn't buy it through Wishlist though. I was in India in the first week of November and Revlon had just launched their Lip Butters there. You guys should be proud of me! I controlled the mad urge for buying any make-up other than Lakme (hey, you can't blame me. Lakme is on the wishlist of any cosmetic junkie who goes to India, right?). On my last day in India though, I panicked! I hadn't done enough shopping! So I ended up buying a lip butter for twice the price we charge you guys (it hit me after I came back to Pakistan! Tsk. I was so mad at myself!) Was it worth the (double) price?

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake

It's only after trying one for yourself do you (finally) understand the hype. I'd tried Cotton Candy at the store and it wasn't that impressive. It had chunky bits of glitter in it, and didn't have enough colour pay off. When I tried Strawberry Shortcake I was blown away by the pretty shade. It's a beautiful cotton candy pink, with a hint of shimmer in it. Its a step up from your basic milky blue-based pink and it's a couple of notches down from being a bright fuchsia. Does that make sense? No? Basically,  it's smack down right in the middle of being the most wearable pink.

My lips tend to get very dry in the winter, and I love that I don't have to think about applying a lip balm (which I often forget) before applying Strawberry Shortcake. It glides on beautifully and doesn't accentuate the dry patches on my lips. Trust me, this is a relief. I love MAC's Creme Cup but it tends to settle in to the dry patches of my lips, and the result isn't very flattering. The only thing I have similar to the Lip Butters is my Dior Addict lipstick and L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks. The L'Oreal version is just as balm (the texture is slightly thicker), but has more of an opaque coverage compared to the Lip Butters.
Starting from the Left:Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake & L'Oreal Caresse in  Lovely Rose

Are Lip Butters worth it? It depends on what you're looking for. Do your research before investing in a shade. Some shades are very sheer and some have amazing colour pay off (like the one I have). Aroosa, and  another friend of mine have Peach Parfait, and both of them said that it is just a sheer wash of colour. You can opt for super bright colours or play it safe with just a hint of colour on your lips. Either way, these are worth trying out.

You can buy Revlon Lip Butters for 950PKR from Wishlist. ( I got mine for Rs 1200 (600 Indian Rupees) :O ).

5 comments:

  1. It's looks so pretty on you .
    P.s I am going to India in feb . What lakme products you recommend ? I am interested in absolute range ESP the kajal . Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go,4,lakme,eyeconic,kajal........itzz,awesome!!and,their,lipsticks,especially,the,ones,in,dark,purplish,tubes,,,those,r,the,best!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Love your review, and the photos you have put up as well. This shade looks so good on you! Plus, in the last photo, are you just wearing the lip butter without any gloss on top? Cause it looks really nice and glossy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Gloria Jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. suites u allot,nice to see ur post as ur my first impression and inspiration to the worldof blogging:)
    http://sparklingmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete