Friday 11 May 2012

Review: Ponds Flawless White Naturals Day Cream

Ponds Flawless White Naturals Day Cream


Ponds Claims:

"Pond's Flawless White Naturals day cream contains the wonder of Camellia leaf extract. Found in the foothills of the Himalayas, this precious extract contains powerful antioxidants to fight against the causes of skin darkening. After years of research, Pond's Flawless White Naturals day cream, containing the extraordinary Camellia leaf extract, is specially formulated to lighten skin and reduce dark spots. "


My Ponds cream has been battered and bruised as you can tell. I took it to Dubai with me and lets just say my bag wasn't very kind to it. I've almost used it up and before I say my final adieu to it I thought I'd do a review on it.
    Ponds Flawless White Naturals Day Cream

    Ponds Flawless White Naturals Day Cream

    My love affair with Ponds has been going on forever and have loved all the variations that they came out with every year. The Ponds Detox cream was one of my favourite, and I was actually depressed that they discontinued it. I got addicted to the Ponds Flawless White cream that they came out with last year as well. I used it as my sunblock, and I loved it. I think I used up two or three jars of it last year. I'm guessing I shouldn't get attached to the Ponds creams because every year it's something new. Ponds came out with two creams this year and I've used both. This is the one that is on the more expensive side and I bought it first. I thought it was going to be same as last year but with different packaging, but I was mistaken.

    When I first used it I was surprised that the texture of the cream was different (Ponds Detox and Flawless White were similar). It is light weight, soft and more moisturising than it's predecessor. Also, it doesn't have that same strong scent that I've now started associating with Ponds creams. It smells similar, but the scent is very subtle compared to the previous versions. Everything about it looked so promising until I started noticing little breaks outs erupting on my face. This was the only thing that I'd changed in my skin care routine, so I'm pretty sure this was the cause.

    Ponds Flawless White Naturals Day Cream
    Ponds Flawless White Naturals Day Cream

    The cream claims to be all natural (hence the name), and I was surprised to see vicious things taking over my face one spot at a time (there were two or three before I left for Dubai). In Dubai I used it with my sunblock and I had more (subtle) break outs. Honestly, I was stubborn enough to still use the product because I didn't want to get a tan (hey, I'm being honest).

    What I loved about White Flawless (the one that came out last year) was that it had cream to powder finish. It had a matte finish which made it ideal for oily skin. This on the other hand doesn't have that finish. It absorbed well and didn't look oily during the dry summer days, but after having used it during Lahore's legendary humid days it is safe to say it does make me look oily.

    I don't have sensitive skin and this is first cream that has broken me out in years (subtle break outs, but still! Oh, and the bumps on my forehead would give any drama queen an anxiety attack).  The fact that it's not ideal for oily skin (unless you sweep powder over it) is a big turn off too. Before, I would just layer Flawless White all over my face and I was good to go. On the other hand it'll be ideal for people with dry skin. It's moisturizing and it'll work great for their skin type.
    Other than that, I think it did it's job well. There were days I used this and ignored the sunblock and didn't notice any tanning. My best friend and I spent more than two hours at the beach and I surprisingly enough I didn't get a tan. It didn't lighten my skin though if thats what you're wondering. I was out in the sun more than usual during that week and a half, and didn't notice getting tanned which is worth pointing out. In my opinion this isn't as good as last years Flawless White.

    Still, I don't think I will be repurchasing it again. (unless my vanity gets the better of me).  Let me know if you've tried this, or are planning on trying this. Has it caused you to break out?

    Price: Rs770 (The prices may vary at different stores)

8 comments:

  1. Packaging seems attractive! but i really donot like ponds stuff. However the indian version of ponds is much better than the Paki ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does look attractive but i don't want to use anything which would cause breakouts. i was planning to buy this 1 but now m having second thoughts about it.
    BTW nice review

    ReplyDelete
  3. this loks great but I know my oily skin wont be able to handle it! Maybe for winters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do want to try Ponds! Have to very careful because I have sensitive skin too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I am using this one and its working amazingly at my skin.. but yes I dont see any colour enhancement or anything like that..
    http://glittersmitter5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, recently found your blog and i love it. Can you please tell mewhat sunblock do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have pink colour version of pond's cream here in HK and I did try it but later came to know it contains those 'not so good ingredients', which 1 of them is Parabens causing skin damage so just stopped using and now sticking to all natural products! I did travel to Pakistan in winter but had all my skin care products brought with me as I was not sure whether I would be able to get those similar products in Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello! ive been using ponds detox flawless white for the past 2 years. and yes, i am totally depressed bout it too. it has a matt finish to powder look. 1st quarter this year, ponds released a 'new' detox cream and it is labeled as 'day cream'. the cream is on the greasy consistency, it is well absorbed in skin but it looked oily and the worst part is, i had blackheads on my cheeks. this is the very first time i experience this, i undergone facials for the first time. and now i dont know where to find a good cream. its really dissapointing that i want to call ponds hotline. im having anxiety attacks because of the changes and its my face isnt on the good condition right now.

    ReplyDelete