Thursday 26 May 2011

Review: Sephora Mineral Foundation

Sephora Mineral Foundation
( click to enlarge images)

Sephora Mineral Foundation in Clair Light 10

I am blessed with great skin,but last year I started experiencing break outs. For someone who has never really had a problem with her skin, I started freaking out. I had never used foundation before-ever but with no choice, I had to invest in one.

I wanted one that felt and looked natural. A close friend advised to try a mineral foundation, and I ended up buying the Sephora Mineral Foundation. Sephora claims that this foundation is a hydrating, 97-percent-mineral foundation, that creates a matte, flawless, natural-looking finish. It is formulated without parabens and synthetic fragrances. It is suitable for all skin types and has a variety of shades to choose from for all skin tones.

After trying it the first few times, I was really disappointed. Even though it gave my skin a natural looking finish, I was disappointed at the coverage it provided. It really didn't do much to cover up the pimples on my face. I used it with a Sephora Primer to achieve a better finish but still did not get the results I was looking for.

However, I did end up falling for it when my skin cleared up (and I was left with a pimple or two). My skin looked flawless and radiant in the pictures and there were no tell tale signs of pimples, acne scars or redness. The Mineral Foundation does have a hint of shimmer to it, which gives the skin a luminous glow. It goes on better without a primer (atleast in my case). It provides light to medium coverage-which if you try to build it up can get cakey. It can also be used as a concealer for problem areas with a concealer brush.

The Sephora Mineral Foundation retails for 18$, and for this price the amount of product is very little. The Mineral Foundation pot is just slightly bigger (0.11oz) than The Body Shop Lip balm pot. The packaging is strong and light, and can be carried in your bag for touch ups. The sifter from which the foundation comes out is ideal because the perfect amount pops out.

This foundation is on sale on the Sephora website. It now retails for 5$ (original price 18$). For 5$ this product is excellent.  The only downside to it that it doesn't provide buildable coverage, other than that I think Sephora did a pretty good job.
-Sana

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about getting this but it doesn't seem worth it now, especially because I have bad skin, maybe when my skin gets better! Thanks for posting! x x x

    ReplyDelete