Sunday 25 September 2011

Review: Dior Addict Lipstick In Diorkiss 578


Youtube is so bad for me. With all those beauty guru's and commercials  online what's a girl to do? I came across Kate Moss's Dior Addict video a couple of months ago and I'm telling you it was obsession at first sight.



Dior Addict in Diorkiss 578


Warning: This is going to be a product rave!

I've never even thought of splurging on a lipstick before I saw this video. It's a marketing genius on Dior's part taking inspiration from Breakfast at Tiffany's (It doesn't get Iconic than that)! All I knew was I wanted the shade that Kate Moss had on!

Diorkiss 578 is the shade Kate Moss is wearing throughout the campaign. Diorkiss is described as “Kate’s choice. Essential, simple pink; it lights up her lips with a taste of things to come and gives her rock-chick look a twist with its striking presence.” This shade is considered to be part of the Rock Icon Style. It is a beautiful very shiny medium (strawberry) pink.


Dior Addict in Diorkiss 578


I wasn't disappointed when I got my hands on it. Even though it was a little different from what I thought It'd be, it has quickly become my favourite lipstick. Trust me, this is out of comfort zone because it's a bright-ish pink. However the colour is just stunning and I fall in love with it all over again whenever I apply it. It's the perfect pop of colour that would compliment any skin tone. I've always gotten compliments when ever I had it on. 

The lipstick has a gel-based formula which is a dream to apply. It glides on smoothly and feels moisturising on the lips. Even though it's described as 'sheer' It goes on a little bright. It is build-able but it does not have acompletely opaque coverage. Because of the balm-like texture, this lipsticks last only about 2.5 to 3 hours on my lips, which is good enough for me. I don't have any lipsticks that last longer than that.

 Diorkiss 578





For me, it was worth the investment. You can probably tell from the pictures that the lipstick is well-loved and used quite often. I would love to get my hands on a light baby pink shade from the Dior Addict line. 


PS. How gorgeous is the packaging?
 Have you tired the Dior Addict lipsticks? Is there any shade that is on your wishlist? 
Sana

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the packaging. Have you tried anything from Rimmel's Kate Moss collection of lipsticks? Some of the shades are soo gorgeous! Wish I could get my hands on some of them <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't yet! I'm going to give them a try though:)! One of the red shades is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Moss for Dior???its a gorgeous pink... looks very creamy and moisturizing...this looks like a lipstick i would love to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pink:) Looks very nice on your lips:)

    ReplyDelete